Thursday 26 March 2015

TRIALLING BODY-PAINT/HAIRSTYLING - Second Trial



Modifications:
I was confident with my idea sections as a whole, so I wanted to modify and work again on two of the sections for progression and improvement purposes.
Hairstyling:
I made a total change of format to my hair idea, keeping the idea and concept with the accessory and the box piece, but changing the hair structure. Keeping the idea of the box on top of the head, distorting natural head shape, but using a half up half down technique, to create a much better sturdy platform for the piece to sit and position with a firmer hold. Still keeping the imagery within the theme idea, but just altering the flow of hair intertwined with it.
Also another alteration I made, was I developed the decoration of the hair, this was due to the grips being on show, so I created some patterned hair grips to grip across the hair and hide any underneath problems/grips on show- this was very effective and completed the image I was looking for.
Body-Art-Painting:
Due to my previous evaluation on my first trial session of the body-painting section, I stated that the colour scheme was true to the theme and didn't slot in correctly with all the other work. So I redid the body-painting part and modified the colour scheme- which made a massive difference.

EVALUATION:
POSITIVES
- All the modifications that I made improved and enhanced my strengths and worked even tighter with my overall image/theme.
- Very pleased with the hairstyling changes and their effects. 
- Much happier doing another trial session, given me more pointers and ways of achieving the look to its highest level of marks.

NEGATIVES:
- Just need to bring the leg section lower on to the below-knee section more.
- Need to add some more boning to the skirt, a bit floppy when on the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment